Full Terms and Conditions
- This Promotion is open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Australian Vintage, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- Promotion Period: 2 February 2015 until 23.59 on 30 June 2015, split into 2 promotion periods.
- Main Prize Period: Residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland can enter 2 February 2015 – 30 April 2015;
- Secondary Prize Period: Residents of Great Britain only can enter 1 May – 30 June 2015.
- Purchase necessary to enter, internet access will be required.
- Maximum one prize of each type per person.
- Please retain your till receipt highlighting the purchase of a bottle dated prior to the date of your online entry, as your receipt will be required for winner verification. Winners will not be verified without the relevant till receipt.
- To enter:
Entrants must retain their till receipt (dated before entry) into the promotion as without this, entrants will not be able to be verified as a winner.
- Entrants resident in Great Britain: During the Main Prize Period or the Secondary Prize Period, purchase any bottle of McGuigans wine. Access the entry page at www.mcguiganwinescompetition.com, submit personal details and the bar code from the bottle.
- Entrants resident in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland: During the Main Prize Period, purchase any bottle of McGuigan’s wine. Access the entry page at www.mcguiganwinescompetition.com, submit personal details and the bar code from the bottle. Entrants from the Republic of Ireland will be required to complete a tie-breaker in a maximum of 20 words. See clauses 12 – 14 for details on Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland entry requirements.
- Main Prizes: 100 winners will each win a pair of tickets to the Big BBQ 2015 at a location to be confirmed in central London on 4th July 2015. Prize consists of attendance at event which will be attended by John Torode and Neil McGuigan, barbeque, and drinks. Event starts at 12.30pm and finishes at 5.30pm. Guests must be over 18 years of age at the date of the Prize. No travel or accommodation is included in the prize for winners who are residents of Great Britain. Winners resident in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland will receive £100 per person towards travel and accommodation, which shall be paid to the winner after successful verification. The 100 prizes are split as follows:
The Prizes are only valid for the dates as specified above and no compensation is payable if the winner is not able to attend the whole or any part of the Prize.
|Prize Pool Reference
||Amount of Prizes
||Entrants resident in Great Britain who purchased from Tesco
||Entrants resident in Great Britain who purchased from Morrisons
||Entrants resident in Great Britain who purchased from Sainsburys
||Entrants resident in Great Britain who purchased from ASDA
||Entrants resident in Great Britain who purchased except as above
||Residents of Northern Ireland who purchased from Tesco
||Residents of Northern Ireland who purchased from Sainsburys
||Residents of Northern Ireland who purchased from ASDA
||Residents of Northern Ireland who purchased except as above
||Residents of the Republic of Ireland who purchased from Tesco
||Residents of the Republic of Ireland who purchased except as above
- Secondary Prizes: 50 x cases of McGuigan/ Torode Collection Semillon wine available to be won by residents of Great Britain only who enter the promotion during the Secondary Prize Period.
- All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize or reward (as applicable) of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- Entrants resident in Great Britain: Winner Selection prize pools 1 – 5 and Secondary Prize Pool: All valid entries will be submitted into a prize draw to be conducted within 10 working days of the end of the relevant Promotion Period. The winners of the prize draw will be selected at random by an independent body.
- Entrants resident in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland: Winner Selection prize pools 6 – 12: All valid tie-breakers will be judged on the criteria set out below, within 10 working days of the end of the promotion period, by a panel including at least one judge who is independent from the promoter. The name of the independent judge is available by emailing [xxx] between 2 February and 31 May 2015. The winners will be the entrants who submit the highest-scoring entries. See clause 13 for what constitutes an invalid entry and see clause 14 for the criteria on which Republic of Ireland resident entries will be judged.
- Tie-breaker entries received from residents of the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland will be deemed invalid if they:
- include any reference to inappropriate or excessive drinking;
- contain defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
- represent a danger to health and safety;
- promote drugs or drug culture;
- refer to brands other than those of the Promoter;
- include trademarks, logos or copyrighted material not owned by you or used without the right holder’s prior written permission (including famous names, company names etc.); or
- include the names, of any individual without their express permission.
- Judging Criteria (for residents of the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland only): Valid entries will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Compliance with word limit;
- Quality of idea contained in the entry; and
- Writing style of the entrant in the entry.
- Winner Notification: Winners will be contacted within 5 working days of the date of the relevant winner selection using the contact details as provided on entering the promotion and will have 14 days from the date of initial contact to respond to the Promoter confirming (1) eligibility (2) proof of purchase (a receipt detailing the purchase of a bottle of McGuigan’s Wine, where the purchase was made before the date of the entrant’s entry into the promotion) and (3) acceptance of the prize. If a winner is not contactable or fails to respond to initial winner notification within 14 days of the notification, the prize may be reallocated by the Promoter to a reserve winner selected in the same manner who will be required to respond with required confirmations.
- Further Main Prize Details:
- All guests must be a minimum of 18 years old at the time of taking a Main Prize.
- Winners and guests must abide by the terms and conditions of the relevant venue or event.
- Further Secondary Prize Details: Prizes will be delivered within 28 days of winner confirmation and subject to compliance with any reasonable request by the Promoter or its agent for proof of age or identity.
- Incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late entries, or entries not in accordance with these terms and conditions will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk entries, entries by or via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to submit entries), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to generate additional entries in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the promotion, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- Winner publication:
- Winners resident in Great Britain: The names and locations of confirmed winners will be available at www.mcguiganwinescompetitions.com from 1 August – 31 October 2015.
- Winners resident in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland: The names, winning entries and locations of confirmed winners will be available at www.mcguiganwinescompetitions.com from 1 August – 31 October 2015.
- Winners agree to take part in publicity in connection with this promotion. If winners do not want their name to be published they should inform the Promoter when accepting their prize. For regulatory reasons, photographs of winners who are under 25 years of age, or who appear to be under 25 years of age, will not be used in publicity.
- The decision of the Promoter is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the prize draws.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims suffered by entrants as a result of entering the prize draw or accepting a prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person relating to or resulting from participation with this promotion.
- If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons (including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion), the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
29. Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
Promoter: Australian Vintage Limited, acting from its UK office at 2nd Floor, Stephenson House, 2 Cherry Orchard Road, Croydon, Greater London CR0 6BA